18 July 2006

Don't forget your breakfast

This morning as I started climbing up through Whirlow and towards Long Line about 5 miles into a bit of an extended commute I began to think to myself "this is harder than it should be". What could it be? Carting too much stuff to work? Possibly but its not that unusual that I carry more than I need. Low tyre pressure? Nope. Brake blocks rubbing on the rims? Not that either. So why so lethargic? Then the thought hit me that I'd been in such a hurry to get out this morning that I'd had nothing to eat or drink. It had to be that. Felt very similar to approaching that point in a longer ride when you know its time to stop and eat something.

Anyway the view of a very sunny Sheffield from the top of Greenhouse Lane near Ringinglow was worth the effort.

No comments: