17 July 2006

Back on the bike

After a couple of weeks off as a result of my ankle injury I decided that I was fed up of not cycling and so saddled up again today. No problems other than trying to unclip (ouch - I'll need to loosen the bindings) and pulling up during the pedal stroke (I can avoid that for a while). Aches a little bit this evening but that might be attributable to the physiotherapy at lunchtime rather than the cycling.

Didn't go far, just an extended commute but it was nice to be riding again. Perhaps it might have been more sensible to go out on a geared bike rather than a fixie but that was the one I got my hands on first and I was in a hurry.

And the weather was fantastically hot. Looking forward to leaving extra early tomorrow morning just to squeeze a few miles in on the way to work!

No comments: