14 February 2008

Bl**dy farmers

I knew I shouldn't have replied to Ian's email about his spate of punctures! I'm actually no believer in fate but its usually better to keep your counsel when talking about stuff like that. The sunny weather in the early part of this week didn't just bring out more cyclists. It also brought out the local farmers with their flail hedge cutters. Now if anyone else decides to chuck vegetation all over the road then I'm pretty sure that, at best, you'd be yelled at and, at worst, be fined (heavily) for littering. So WHY do farmers think it is perfectly OK to leave decimated hawthorn hedge in their wake and not clear it up. It was so bad near Kiveton that it was impossible to pick a way through it all. The only small silver lining was that by leaving all the thorns in the tyres I could get back and fix the punctures at home. GITS.

No comments: